State Dept Seeks Public Input on Human Rights in U.S.

The U.S. State Department is inviting members of the public to present their concerns about human rights in the United States as part of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process, in which the human rights records of all UN Member States are to be reviewed.

“In the pursuit of a transparent and effective UPR process, the Department of State is encouraging the American public, including non-governmental organizations and civil society more broadly, to provide input regarding human rights in the United States directly to the Department of State.”

“Your feedback is vital for us to better gauge the U.S. human rights situation now, and how protection of human rights can be improved in our country and around the world,” the State Department website said. “We look forward to receiving your comments.”

The Federation of American Scientists asked the State Department to turn its attention to those cases where a resolution of alleged human rights violations has been barred by the government’s use of the state secrets privilege.

“There are innocent individuals who have been swept up in U.S. Government counterterrorism operations, wrongly detained, ‘rendered’ surreptitiously to foreign countries, subjected to extreme physical and mental stress, or otherwise wronged,” we wrote.  “In some cases, like those of persons such as Maher Arar and Khaled el-Masri, efforts to seek legal remedies have been blocked by the Government’s invocation of the state secrets privilege. As a result, the alleged abuses committed in such cases remain unresolved, and there is no way for the affected individuals to be made whole.”

“If the judicial process in such cases is foreclosed by the state secrets privilege, then an alternate procedure should be created to rectify the wrongs that may have been committed,” we suggested.

No Responses to “State Dept Seeks Public Input on Human Rights in U.S.”

1. C Ronk April 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM #

“‘If the judicial process in such cases is foreclosed by the state secrets privilege, then an alternate procedure should be created to rectify the wrongs that may have been committed,’ we suggested.”

I don’t think that your organization should so readily suggest, propose, or even offhandedly imply the idea that the entire judicial system could ever legitimately be wholly foreclosed in such cases, or in any cases, to the very executive branch that is attempting to accomplish this result. It is no time to be casually throwing this option around the public policy sphere.

2. Steven Aftergood April 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM #

We were not proposing or implying that the judicial system should be foreclosed by the state secrets privilege. But that is what already happened in the cases we cited. Our proposal was that the injustice of the existing situation should be rectified.

3. Archie1954 April 21, 2010 at 5:45 PM #

This do as we say not as we do attitude makes it impossible to protect human rights in the US. How can you do that when you deny them to all others? Do you really think that denying habeus corpus for instance to detainees or sending assassination squads out to foreign countries or kidnapping individuals off the streets of other countries isn’t going to create blowback in the US itself? If you believe that then have another drink of koolaid. The American government is extremely good at denying people human rights. Just ask those innocent victims of American torture. So what makes you think that since they could get away with such egregious actions elsewhere in the world they wouldn’t try it in the US? Well you thought wrong. They are trying it in America and so far with impunity.

4. Chip Pitts April 23, 2010 at 12:42 PM #

Thank you for highlighting the underlying violations that can be hidden in an environment of secrecy –
    Chip Pitts

5. Rick Pineiro April 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM #

Why are my comments on Organized Stalking and Elecronic Harassment being removed? Hundreds of thousands of Americans are being tortured daily and nothing is being done about this. This is torture and terrorism right here in America.

6. Brenda J. Fontes April 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM #

I have survived 36 years of of Organized Stalking and Electronic Harassment as a result of my employment with At&t. I live with microwave weapon attacts daily which include electronic jolting to my body techniques. This is pure terror and torture and is total maddness. I used to be so proud to be an American.

7. femtobeam April 27, 2010 at 8:52 AM #

If the truth be known by the public of the remote means and methods classified by Cheney, it would have to make it into the main stream media. This might cause a revolution against the government. The problem though is not usually the Government, but the Corporations that are subcontractors to the government, like AT&T.

The issue really is electronic harassment and the inability to redress grievances without being tortured, incarcerated (to prevent testimony) or killed, which has happened to government personnel and citizens alike.

One good investigator was ignored; Michael C. Ruppert. He was at the heart of the problem of CIA hits on military personnel exposing cocaine deals, like the murder of Marine Col. Jim Sabo at El Toro Marine Air Station. It is systemic from 30 years ago, actually since Operation Paperclip and MK Ultra. Those records, like the torture tapes were destroyed and the whistleblowers indicted to protect the criminals at the top.

There is a catch 22, involving “musical chairs” of departments. Without the information, how can they gather evidence to hold corporations responsible for their actions, especially those of former officials who are now citizens once again.

8. Derrick Robinson April 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM #

Our organization, Freedom From Covert Harassment and Surveillance (FFCHS) has been seeking help and relief for victims of remote and mind and body-invasive technologies for the past 5 years. We believe the sources to be rogue elements of government, corporations, and also individuals.

We have found that the research for these technologies have been ongoing since around the 40′s and 50′s. So far, Congress, the Justice Department, and the local police have ignored the sufferings of hundreds of victims to our knowledge. Why is that? It seems to be much easier to dismiss these claims as delusional than to seriously investigate their validity. Or is this a cover-up?

When the elderly and infants, along with adult women and men are surveilled and tortured even in their own homes using these advanced technologies, with no remedy, then these can truly be considered egregious human rights atrocities. The United States has consistently failed to address these outrageous abuses.

9. ljb April 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM #

I, as a TI (Targeted Individual), would like to speak out about the atrocities that are perpetrated against both myself and my son. We are constantly influxed with electronic and magnetic waves via all the electricity being pushed into our homes and directed into our bodies. From the very poles outside my home, to the satelites that orbit our earth, as well as the electrical devices within our homes, including our phones. Our beds, floors, chairs, all inudated with WAVES of currency.

We get no rest. Though we fall asleep, our bodies never get proper rest. Our bodies are constantly bombarded and our cells are being broken down. I feel like the walking dead. Numb. I do not want to touch anyone, nor do I want to be touched. We survive, but our lives have been stolen from us. They have taken control of almost every aspect of our lives and we have no earthly person that has enough POWER to stop the BEAST.

They attempt to control our emotions, they attempt to and have simulated sexual intercourse on our bodies, literally raping us in every nook and crevice, leaving nothing unscathed. Talking to us in our minds, making suggestions or controling our dream state.

This is pure evil people, like nothing you could ever imagine. But we survive. I trust NO ONE. I have watched and observed as they set up the perimeter of my home, or anywhere that I have lived, running to get away from this, not understanding until this past year how they were able to commit such evil practices against us.

My phones are tapped, my computer is constantly monitored, with hidden software running that actually sends these waves to my body. You cannot sit or lay down anywhere. I stand on my floor and I can feel the electricity pouring across the floor boards. My bed has a current running constantly, and they know every move I make within my home.

No matter where I go, anywhere in the world, they will follow me and all TI’s. But through all of this, we survive.

This is World Wide, not just America. These acts, these deeds, can only be funded with full cooperation of all world entities. Hidden under the guise of National Security. Top Secret. When they use that term people, it is because it is for THEIR SECURITY, THEIR OWN INTEGRITY, that they are trying to protect.

There is no one more powerful then the Heavenly Father, and His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. They are not hidden from Him. I have rehashed all this in my head, with my perps listen in as well, btw, and I see no solution to any of this but one. For the Lord Jesus Christ to fulfill the remainder of the scriptures, and Judge this world. To take His rightful seat as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Pray and ask Him to come and save us all from the BEAST that rises up out of the sea, and the Beast that rises up out of the earth. He is a merciful God. We suffer for His name sake, but the reward is an eternal life with Him and His Son, Yeshua.

10. John Medeiros April 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM #

Mr. Aftergood,

What are the specifics of your proposed solution and how would it function specifically to rectify your claims of the injustice of the existing situation? After all, isn’t what due process and Rule of Law is already supposed to be under the US Constitution in America?

This is supposed to be a Free and Just America, not a dictatorship regime so why the secrecy, the on-going disinformation campaign and cover-ups if there is nothing to hide. When someone criticizes another, it is only fair and just to stand scrutiny as well to ensure there is no hypocrisy or a false agenda. As the expression goes “People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones at other people’s glass houses”.

You did allow Mr. Derrick Robinson to advertise the services of his so called FFCHS agency which supposedly claims to help victims. To my knowledge Mr. Robinson is a former NSA Government employee. So why sensor another person’s right to free speech in America if we as US citizens still have 1st Amendment rights under the US Constitution? There exists covert agencies who infiltrate and deliberately attempt to discredit the truth? To label someone as delusional, paranoia or a conspiracy theorist without a thorough and independent investigation is very sad but very convenient to attempt to cover up and hide the facts regarding Government misconduct.

Why were Mr. Pineiro’s previous comments removed? If Mr. Pineiro has something to say be it informative or disinformation, let the readers decide. Who decides what is censored and what is allowed to be published in America? If it is a violation of your website policies, you can certainly redact the specific text in violation. Let the American public and the rest of the world review and decide if there are no Human Rights violations in America and who has credibility.

Remember, with the passing of time, the truth does not change and committed abuses get exposed as will the covert agents who partake in torture (i.e. physical or mental) of innocent persons.

11. Rickey Pineiro May 3, 2010 at 3:51 AM #

I would like to repost my previous comments that were removed. I’m hoping they will remain this time. This is a serious issue and needs to be stopped. And, thank you John….
    We have men and women dying daily, thinking they are defending Democracy and our Constitution. Yet, our Constitution and the Civil Rights of Americans are being violated on a daily basis here in the US. Our Law Enforcement Agencies, the Justice Department and many Congressional Leaders are aware of it and nothing is being done. I’m speaking of Organized Stalking, Electronic Surveillance and Harassment. Please, give me an answer why nothing is being done?
    I trained for two years in Surveillance and Recons, performed missions for three years, received a Secret Security Clearance and was awarded medals for gathering information on foreign countries. Yet, when we try to report these atrocities happening in our own country, it’s dismissed as Paranoia or Delusions.
    The networking of Organized Stalking and Harassment includes Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue Services, Medical Services, Corporations, Government Agencies and Civilians. These networks have grown by leaps and bounds over the years, using our own laws and judicial system to leave them unchecked and the victims isolated.
    This stalking and harassment is enforced 24/7 with a systematic infliction of psychological and physical torture. As the remote frequency technologies have advanced over the decades, victims have suffered increasingly intrusive effects of the mind and body, such as migraines, heart arrhythmias, cancers, strokes, blurred vision, unexplained fatigue, unexplained voices in the mind, also known as synthetic telepathy, ringing in the ears, sleep deprivation, to name a few. This is terrorism and torture, unjustified by any means and is going ramped in our Nation.
    Why is no one doing anything about these actions except covering them up?

12. Shannon May 14, 2010 at 7:56 PM #

If you would like to know more about electronic harassment, gang stalking and mind control please read the following link. It’s long but well worth the read.

13. fay May 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM #

I would like to find others in my area of Davis/Sacramento Ca or other states to discuss these issues since we are forced to be isolated and under 24/7 surveillance. I too am being gang stalked and a victim of covert, gps/lo jacks, trackers, and have no privacy. All my conversation are monitored and my neighbors watch me daily. I can’t go to college because I am harassed while on campus by staff and others. I am treated like a criminal while being silently monitored. This has caused me to be so depressed that I have thoughts of ending my life because everybody I come in contact with even church people help these stalkers accomplish their mission secretly even family and friends. At first I thought something was wrong with my mind or I was being paranoid, however, after experiencing the same daily I knew something was wrong, but when I asked different people, I was told something was wrong with my mind. I am so happy I found others dealing with the same. I have never committed a crime so why is this happening like most people online, no matter where I travel they are there to put trackers on the car I drive or make sure they know every move I make. This is causing me alot of mental, and emotional stress because going back to college I thought would helped keep me sane until on the first night of class they joined me there also; when I asked to change classes, they went there too or had somebody else sit in, I placed in a classroom near an emergency exit door for two classes straight with window blinds raised high at night with lights beams from cars shinning inside, and strange people walking by, instructors cell phones would ringing when I entered classroom. Now I am not attending because I cannot take this kind of harassment while paying a lot of money in loans to further my education. If somebody/anybody reads this I need help getting these gang stalkers out of my home and cars, I need some privacy at least when I call my doctors but I don’t have that either because they help them. I am on the verge of just walking but I know they’ll walk everywhere too.

14. Max H. Williams May 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM #

The United States of America engages in gross human rights violations in either using or permiting other entities to use directed energy weapons and mind control techniques on American citizens on American soil. I became aware in 2005 that I am a target of electronic stalking and mind control by unseen and unknown assailants using unseen and unknown devices by remote. However, I now know that the attacks actually began years earlier. The attackers’ capabilities allow them to bombard victims with electrical-like jolts and vibrations, cause many physical ailments to the body, and read victims’ thoughts and send voices to their brains. Experiments, patent applications, and papers obtained by the FOIA show a direct link between those activities and the U. S. Government. Complaints by victims to the FBI and state and local law enforcement are ignored by those authorities. Constant monitoring of the air waves by U. S. intelligence to deter terrorism must necessarily detect the frequencies used for the electronic and mind control attacks; yet, the USG refuses to act to curtail those activities. Those violations must be brought to the attention of the United Nations.

15. Bob Smith June 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM #

I am an attorney in California who has been targeted longer than anyone else to my knowledge. It started for me in 1954 because of my college activism in opposing McCarthyism. It continues to the present day because of my attempts to assist other victims of covert government harassment and electronic attacks with directed energy weapons (DEW).

A legal solution is possible for all targeted individuals (TI’s) if they work together. I offer free to all who request it my legal strategy recommendations for achieving a solution.

I am retired from active law practice. I am not seeking clients nor charging legal fees for my recommendations. I simply want to help the victims of covert government torture work effectively toward a solution.

If you are in that category, write to me at this temporary address to request my legal analysis of the TI situation and the best legal strategy available for achieving an end to the torture: JTuck427@aol.com. Put the words “Legal strategy request” in the subject line.

Good legal strategy offers hope. Bad legal strategy guarantees failure. Beware of Anti-TI Activists who will urge you to follow bad legal strategies which are designed to fail. Their mission is to assure failure.

The best known TI organization has been operated for four years to produce failure by following bad legal strategies that necessitate failure. If you want to know who your disguised enemies are, you need to read my explanation of the difference between good and bad legal strategies.

Your disguised enemies are the people who keep urging you to follow bad legal strategies that guarantee failure. They will take your money to pay for working against you.

I am giving you free the only legal strategy that can succeed. All you need to do is ask for it.

Bob S

16. Melissa Sanderson June 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM #

Voice to Skull, Sleep deprivation, Holographic dreams, Microwave Burns, EMF PROBLEMS, Non-working electronic devices all the time, Break-ins….chipped??? PRIVATE SECTOR

17. thomas tucker June 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM #

tom427l88@aol.com(use small ‘l’) I am a victim of severe electronic harassment since 2002,suspect u.s.attorneys offices in d.c.,balt.city,green belt maryland.We need to stop all of the inhuman torture involved with these evil u.s.attorneys.I suffer night and day,dna theft,implanting,micro-chips,expected in 2002,kiddnappins with tanks of anesthesa gas were reported along with forced sex abuse,now have computers-thought monetering,ears ringing,back of neck,attacks from the sky,squezeing of intire body,all rights violated,tom p.o.box 92 newington,va.22122,police depts,are also racketeering with the gov.with satelites and electronic equipment,makeing america a very unsafe place for its law abideing citizens as me.

18. Rev. marie stevens June 19, 2010 at 3:32 AM #

electronic torture drugging and psych REFERELS MUST STOP

19. E. Sot September 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM #

Although most of the human rights violations occurr in third world countries, unfortunately it even happens right here in the great USA. Believe it or not it happens in many Nursing Homes. I am currently a victim of gang stalkers, who have managed to obtain the assistance of Nursing Home staff and patients, to help to do just about anything. I am harassed daily, assaulted via toxic chemicals which is tantamount to attempt murder. How do they manage to get these people to act as proxy you may ask. Well the answer is simple. They use defamation tactics, by saying that the person is a pedophile, flasher, rapist or any kind of sex offender. Since the great majority of people will not pay to do a background, and since it is cheaper to believe the rumors than to spend money on a background check, they simply accept it as truth and take whatever actions they are encouraged to do. I have asked that 24/7 video surveillance be implemented so as to be able to limit these attacks, but the request has been ignored. Youd think that those who are wekk paid would take the time to pay a little something to get at the truth and then spread the truth around, but for some inexplicable reason — they too, prefer to go along with the rumors. Organized gang stalkers are also able to get family members to be suspicious and thus prefer to ignore you. Though we are all suppose to treat each other humanely, this more-so applies to those who have been entrusted to care for your well-being. I want to take the time to ask everyone to push their representatives to sign into law the 24/7 video surveillance of patients in every room they use, other than the bathroom and where they sleep. In other words, the dining room, smoke room, recreation room and other rooms where it will not violate the persons’ privacy. Human rights are violated simply to get back at a patient, for either reporting the staff member of wrong doing, or because of an argument. The patient be sick and at their mercy, more often than not is at the losing end. You may not be in a Nursing Home now nor have relatives or family in one, but you never know what the future has for you. So I beg you all in New York State and around the country to push for a state and or federal law that will mandate the 24/7 vedeo surveillance security. This will allow the patient to refer to the video to prove any assault on his or her person by staff or another patient. The easy access to Nursing Homes by gang stalkers also has to be addressed. These gang stalkers come in under the pretense of visiting someone, but yet they are no where near the person they came to visit, instead they are just outside the room of the person they want to pay back for reporting them to authorities. The staff — including the security guards allow it to happen, because they choose to believe the malicious defamation story. Our human rights need to have more protections, and while we leave the holes opened, that are pointed out by the victims and/or their relatives, evil people like those mentioned will continue to utilize them to no end. I pray God will open your hearts and minds and the laws we need to at least minimize what these evil people can use against others….. Keep The Good Fight On.

20. Joanne Zhao November 4, 2010 at 9:48 AM #

I’m a Chinese woman, and have been targeted by secret satellite mind control weapon since the end of last year. I have encountered a “satellite prision” for almost one year – telephone, cell phone, email are all controlled, memory loss, voice to skull, hypnosis, sleep deprivation, emmeniopathy, heart trouble, etc. I’ve been assassinated many times, but every time they allow me to live. My families, colleges, friends all ever been controlled… Now they allow me calm. I lost my job, however, they have controlled me not worry. I feel right and normal even if losting job, but it is not… In China, there are also many targeted people. We need help!

21. Carolyn Palit November 22, 2010 at 1:25 AM #

Many documents and much evidence was hand-delivered to the Chief Prosecutor at the UN International Criminal Court. The Prosecutor was asked to send special rapporteurs to the victims in the United States and Europe.

The U.N. did nothing. I am of the opinion that they never will unless the issue of directed energy torture gets wide press around the world and the U.N. is publicly shamed.

I am also of the opinion that this issue should be addressed at the state level in the U.S. states that have become sympathetic to our plight. State investigative task forces COULD break this issue open if the victims will take the time to organize at a state level, educate their state officials, show them how to track the signals, and lobby for strong felony laws and enforcement on this issue.

I have been a victim off and on since I was five years old — that would be since 1958. Since 2002 my torture has been continuous and horrific. It IS truly TORTURE and SEXUAL ASSAULT.

It is long pass time for Americans to stop being in denial about the fascist abuses of our government. Steven, thank you for allowing these comments to remain, and if you can pass any of this along to people who can make a difference, please do. Thank for fas.org. It is a treasure.